Monday, October 25, 2010

Four dollars is serious business

Craigslist is a great place to buy used (sometimes new) baby gear. 

I wanted to get a monitor to keep at my parents house instead of paying full price for something that will be used sparingly.  I found an ad on craigslist, contacted the seller, agreed on a time to meet, and do the exchange.  Fabulous. 

The list price was $10.  I went to Starbucks this morning and paid in cash with one of my 2 10 dollar bills.  I got to the lady's house, opened my wallet, found that one of my supposed $10s was actually a $20 bill.  Oops.  So, now I have a $20 and $6.  I tell her as much, she checks to see if she has change.  Nope, sure doesn't.  Ok, I offer her the $6.  She refused it. 

Lady, your lame monitor has been on craigslist for over 2 months.  You weren't prepared with change, and now you're going to blow the sale over $4?  Your loss crazycakes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment