Monday, December 13, 2010

Last week was pretty much hell

We got back from our trip, not quite rested, and were very excited to see the boys.  My mom had informed us that they slept great while they were there so we thought we would easily get back into our old routine.  They weren't sleeping all the way through the night, but the rest was still decent. 

Then Monday came.  We were up countless times.  At one point we were up for a couple hours.  Repeat Tuesday, Wednesday, and on and on.  It was so much worse than when they were newborns.  At least we had some sort of adrenaline going at that point.  This time around we had nothing to fall back on but caffeine and that can only get you but so far. 

Its amazing what long term sleep deprivation can do to your brain.  I started resenting these boys big time.  I regretted the decision to have children.  I wanted to pawn them off on anyone and everyone.  I waited until I finally got some sleep to write this post because I was afraid of saying something I would horribly regret. 

I think the CIA could have used these two as a form of torture to get information out of locked lipped folks.  It was bad.  Very bad. 

Our best guess is that a new formula was the problem.  At least we hope we're correct b/c we went back to the old stuff yesterday and they went back to their old sleeping habits. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the boys are back on their routine. I'm sure it was rough getting back from vacay and having to get them back on a schedule. Rest up mama!

    ReplyDelete